“Shipping Agent License” means Saudi ports authority (Mawani) to carry out maritime agencies services and authorized by ship’s owners or suppliers to act on their behalf in performing the duties towards the port, governmental bodies, business sectors, and any other bodies and authorities related to the activity
|License fees||The period required for issuance||License term|
|SAR 30.000||Two business days||3 years|
Conditions and controls required for Shipping agent license new and renewal:
First: Conditions and requirements of issuing a new license or renewing an existing one. Which should be fulfilled upon submitting the relevant online application to Saudi Ports Authority (Electronically requests):
- Commercial Register Certificate
- Certificate from the General Authority of Zakat & Tax Mawani
- Copy of Manager(s) ID according to Commercial Register.
- Payment of financial dues for license issuance and renewal.
- In addition to aforesaid conditions, a foreign investor must upon obtaining a license from the Saudi Arabia General Investment Authority according to International Standard Industrial Classification code No. (522912) and to present evidence on being the owner of the operation of a shipping line
- All submitted documents must be valid and effective at the time of completing the application according to the validity term of the license.
An (online) applicant undertakes to: Mawani
- Comply with all directives and laws issued by the Saudi Ports Authority and departments of ports in which he works.
- Provide all information and data requested by the Saudi Ports Authority. Mawani
- Develop and train his Saudi human resources and qualify them to hold leadership positions in his corporate entity.
- Not to transfer any activities or works related to carrying out Shipping agency businesses outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Provide all information and data in the event of any material changes occurring in his corporate entity during the validity of the license.
- Be fully liable as a guarantor towards any act or negligence committed by him personally or any of his employees. It may cause damage to the port or its facilities, or which may cause any harm to the port employees or third party within the port’s limits, and shall unconditionally be liable for compensating losses resulting from such actions or negligence.
- Pay and settle all his financial obligations towards the Saudi Ports Authority, the port in which he works, and the outsourced contractors within a period not exceeding 30 (thirty) days from the issuance date of any invoice or financial claims.
- Proceed to carry out his activities within a period not exceeding 90 (ninety) days from license issuance or renewal date.
- Must reach Saudization rate not less than 60% (sixty percent) in administrative and leadership jobs within the license validity period.
- Appoint a Saudi executive manager to manage Shipping agency businesses within the license validity period.
- Provide a strategic work plan to increase quantities and develop works in Saudi ports. It Includes the Saudization rate within a maximum period of 90 (ninety) days from the license issuance date.
Second: Conditions and requirements to be fulfilled when carrying out Shipping agent license business in the port:
- A local investor shall provide an irrevocable and unconditional bank guarantee in favor of the Port Authority in which the Shipping agency business activities shall be carried out, of SAR 500,000 (five hundred thousand Saudi riyals) valid for 39 (thirty-nine) calendar months from its submission date.
- A foreign investor shall provide an irrevocable and unconditional bank guarantee in favor of the Port Authority in which the Shipping agency business activities shall be carried out of SAR 3,000,000 (three million Saudi riyals) valid for 39 (thirty-nine) calendar months from its submission date.
- A Shipping agency agreement with any shipowner, operator, or supplier needs to submit. Mawani
Business Link is the top leading consultant. They have the best team, who will resolve all your doubts related to business formation, Types of SAGIA License, and PRO Services make you in choosing the best company formation method according to your business type. So get in touch with them.
For more information
✉ firstname.lastname@example.org | 🌐 www.businesslink.sa/en |📞+966 501 468671 | ☎ + 971 43 215 228